CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 10th JUNE, 12PM
The first Habitat ReStores in Europe are delivering real impacts for local people and the wider community in Lisburn, Ballymena, Newry, Newtownards and Drogheda. ReStore, the low-cost DIY store that builds sustainable community, directly tackles poverty here in Ireland. By selling donated new and used building supplies and home improvement materials ReStore enables local people to improve their homes at low cost. ReStore provides skills and employability training for people of all ages and backgrounds and diverts tons of reusable waste from landfill.
Working with volunteers the Donation Collection Driver will be responsible for the collection of donated materials, safely packing in the ReStore truck, returning to ReStore and unpacking. They will also deputise for the ReStore Manager to ensure excellent customer service in ReStore.
- - Load and unload all donated materials
- - Screen for product usability.
- - Communicating with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
- - Supervising and supporting volunteers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds; helping to ensure their experience is meaningful.
- - Maintain an effective working relationship with Habitat staff, volunteers and ReStore customers/donors.
- - Process cash, credit card and cheque transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- - Answer telephone and provide ReStore information, directions.
- - Maintain a clean, safe and presentable store at all times, including display of sale items and storage of donated stock.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals, and the ability to verbally convey Habitat for Humanity’s work with confidence and credibility.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience.
- Sound geographical knowledge of the Lisburn & Belfast areas.
- Ability to safely move stock items, potentially up to 25kg.
- Drivers license with B classification.
- Committed to the vision and mission of Habitat for Humanity and a working style that reflects these.
- Drivers license with C classification.
- CPC Card
- Knowledge of Digital Tachograph’s, Drivers hours, Manual Handling, Health and Safety